Childbirth in the Ott Institute Traditions and the Present Situation
Dear parents to be! At present the problem to whom you could entrust management of the course of pregnancy and labor is most actual.
For over 200 years the D. O. Ott Research Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology has been one of the leading European centers of obstetrical and gynecological profile. For the citizens of Saint Petersburg the Institute is not only a well-known medical institution but also part of national culture.
During these two hundred years about 500,000 infants were born in the Institute, and great clinical experience as well as scientific potential was accumulated. Centuries-old traditions combined with up-to-date approaches to treatment and delivery is the guarantee of a favorable course and outcome of pregnancy.
The Ott Institute offers the following:
- Ambulatory observation, stationary examination and treatment of pregnant women. In the Institute there are several antenatal departments which specialize in managing patients with complications and disorders of pregnancy.
- Wide spectrum of diagnostic methods for pregnant patient examination. The Institute has at its disposal a complex of modern laboratories, various means for prenatal diagnostics, a department for the functional diagnosis of the fetal state equipped with up-to-day devices including three-dimensional IUD apparatus.
- Courses of psychophysioprophylactic preparation for pregnant women. Patients will shall be given advice of an obstetrician and gynecologist, physiotherapist, lectures on the development and course of pregnancy, labor, postnatal period, will have training in special physical exercises, respiratory gymnastics and autogenic training the use of relaxation technique during labor. They will be given qualified psychological support and, if necessary, lessons on psychotherapy to be attended together with a husband. At the patients? disposal there are also prophylactic physiotherapeutic procedures (whole-body ultraviolet irradiation, aeroionization, oxygenous cocktail).
- An «open door day» is conducted at the Institute every month. All visitors may obtain detailed information about surveillance before and during labor. Doctors will answer all your questions.
Every woman can deliver in the Ott Institute free of charge. This is guaranteed by the Labor Certificate that gives the right to choose obstetrical hospital with no additional payment!
We invite you to come to the Institute and give a birth to your baby here!
- In accordance with a patient?s desire for additional payment she can have a one-place ward or a comfortable «lux-type» ward, where labor may be performed in the presence of a father.
- The delivery room is equipped with up-to-date monitors that allow visualization of the state of the baby during the whole labor period.
- The most safe and efficient methods of labor pain relief are used at the Institute, they are harmless for a baby, and a mother may feel comfortable during labor.
- If necessary, an operation of cesarean section is performed, anesthetic techniques enable the patient to stay conscious and immediately see her baby and hear its first cry. Modern suture material is used to make cosmetic sutures on the skin.
- A complex of the latter-day laboratories and a blood transfusion department are working night and day.
- At the wish of the patient umbilical blood may be taken in order to preserve trunk cells.
- In conformity with the tradition after delivery a mother and her newborn baby are placed in a postnatal ward. Also there are extra comfortable postnatal wards.
- All the time puerperants are under close surveillance of doctors, midwives; they are trained in breast-feeding and child care.
- Every day highly qualified pediatricians-neonatologists take care of the state of the baby.
For premature infants there is a Department of neonatal intensive care and resuscitation, where even low-birth-weight babies recover thanks to qualified, responsible personnel and to the use of modern technologies.
Thinking of the fate of your family and prospective baby make a proper choice entrust the care of mother and baby to specialists of the Ott Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Congratulations on the 210th anniversary of the Otts Institute
On the 8th (21st) September 1797 there was opened The Emperors Saint Petersburg Clinical Midwifery Institute which later became the Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Academy of Medical Sciences of the USSR, and since1989 it has proudly borne the name of Dmitry Oscarovich Ott, the founder of this Institute.
For more than two hundred years of the creative work of a galaxy of great scientists there was established a classic school of obstetrics, within the precincts of the Institute numerous generations of doctors were raised, and hundreds of thousands of future citizens of our country were born there.
The Institute has survived the troubled times, then hardships of the Great Patriotic War (World War II) and continued its activity at the turning point of the state history.
Today the scientific and clinical potential of the Institute enables the staff to combine the latest achievements in medicine with the adherence to its best traditions.
On the 30th of October, 2007 within the frames of the 3rd International Scientific Congress «The Latest Technologies in Obstetrics and Gynecology» a jubilee session devoted to the 210th anniversary of the D. O. Ott Research Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, RAMS will be held.
Dear Colleaques, Now we are ready to communicate with you through Telecommunication Center.
This Center is organized at the Ott Institute, it enables us to carry out the real-time teletranslation from the assembly hall and main operating room of the Institute to other Telecommunication centers of the country and abroad on the base of the IP system.
- specialists in obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, endocrinology, anesthesiology, genetics, microbiology and other related disciplines to organize
- TV linkups;
- remote learning by lectures, seminars, courses;
- institutions that are interested in the use of the Hall for conducting teleconferences to co-operate with us.
We are waiting for your suggestions. Our telephone: +7-(812)-328-9823, e-mail: email@example.com.